Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Challenge update!

If you were here last time I posted you know that I began a 100 pushup a day challenge! I started on Feb. 27th so today marks day 17 of the challenge.  I am happy to report that I have stayed true to the course only taking one rest day (last Sunday). So, I have done 1600 pushups in the last 17 days. I added 100 crunches to the mix about 5 days ago and I also stretch and warm up with jumping jacks each morning before and after the routine. I've got to tell you I am feeling pretty good about this.  I feel stronger and although I have had some pain I have fought through it.  I am looking forward to completing this challenge and moving on to the next one which I think will be squats.  Cannot neglect the legs!!! I have managed to clock in under 4 mins twice the past few days and I am hoping to get down to 3 minutes soon.

Now onto other news.  I have been asked by a Shotokan Karate Sensei I know to help with a Self Defense class for women in Stallings NC at the Carolina Martial Arts gym I used to belong to. I am going tonight and meeting my friend April there.  She is one of our Aikido students who made it to brown belt. Hopefully having her there to demonstrate some of the techniques on me will make the women feel more comfortable.  Not sure what to expect but I think it is worth a try.



 Well that's it for now, must get ready to go to work!

Have a blessed day!


Peace




JD

No comments: