Friday, August 15, 2014

20 days in...

Greetings Friends!

Just reporting in on the latest day of the challenge.  Just got home from work and it was one heck of a day!

Stopped by the HT and stocked up on fresh fruit for the week and a nice salad for dinner tonight. Tomorrow night is our 35th HS Reunion and there will be a LARGE Buffet of which I intend to partake until I am pleasantly plump so this weeks dieting has been well worth the effort!

By the way, weighed in a 162.8 today.  My goal was 165 so as you can imagine I am more than ready to chow down!

So let's talk about this diet for a minute, it is obvious that it works very well.  I am losing weight at will and I am keeping up my strength.  Working out 20 minutes each morning and doing 2 hours of high energy martial arts at least twice a week as well as working my a$$ off every day and doing lots of other activities at Church and so on.  The point being my weight loss is not effecting my energy level now as it did last time I lost so much weight in such a small amount of time.

What's the key?  Well I have come to believe that it is mind over matter.  For me it is small hurdles that turn into larger hurdles.  If I can do it one day why not two, or three or a week or a month.  It's all in your mind!

 Once you prove to yourself you can control your appetite and NOT over eat, then you are in control.  In fact for me, now this is just my perspective, I have to watch myself because once I start losing weight like this it's hard for me to stop.  I enjoy the process so much I want to keep going and see how far I can take it!

The workout was great this morning, I am about ready to move on to three sets but I am trying to hold back until I reach 30 days.  Still adding a few reps here and there.  Doing 35 calf raises now, still only 30 push ups but will be adding 5 more soon.  Up to 7 man makers and moving towards 10.



OK, time to go eat and relax before I pack up all my DJ gear for tomorrow night.


Peace






JD

No comments: