Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Catching up!

As usual I have neglected to post here. I hope to remedy that and start posting more regularly this summer. As I said in the last post I have given up my regular Aikido work outs and it has had a positive impact on my spine. I have not been to the Chiropractor but twice so far this year. I used to go once a week! I am still stretching each morning and working out so my back is doing great!!!

Some very sad news to report. My Aikido Sensei Tony Orlando passed away last year in December. We all miss him terribly but knowing that he was saved by the blood of Christ is very comforting. We all know he is enjoying heaven and waiting on us to join him. Peace be with you Sensei, I look forward to seeing you again in the great ever-after! Tony and I were great friends in and out of the dojo. I think about him all the time. Here's a pic of us a many years back when I got my Shodan.





I am still working with my Combat Hapkido club in Mooresville. Sensei Flagg is still providing us with his most excellent instructions on how to execute the techniques we have learned and are learning with more effectiveness than ever. I enjoy these workouts and look forward to going back each month for our three hour sessions. Here's the web address for that club.

http://www.personaldefenseclub.net/


If all goes well I would like to start training some folks one on one here at my home dojo or at the new Shotokan/ Aikido dojo in Charlotte on Independence Blvd. One of my old classmates from Carolina Martial Arts (Noah) is continuing the legacy of Tomiki Aikdo we learned from Sensei Tony at this new place. I have worked out there a few times and still do from time to time and will have access to that space if I can schedule it in advance. Here is the website address for this dojo.

https://www.charlotteshotokan.com/


That's all for now,

Have a blessed day.




JD Pearce
2nd Dan Aikido
2nd Dan Combat Hapkido


No comments: